Wednesday, June 17, 2009

First Day At QMC

So i think i can contribute here. I just recently got back last Sunday night from the first camp of the summer at Quaker Meadow Christian Camp. It was intense let me tell you lol. This camp was not a church related one it was a Girl Scout camp, meaning lots and lots of little 9 year old girls running around with dumb catch phrases making fun of everybody. Like one was an acronym for cool, it stood for C - Constipated O - Overrated O - Out of Style L - Loser. yea... I dunno.

But anyways, as soon as I drove into camp I was welcomed by everyone that was already there and they were glad to see me so that was nice. Immediately after I got out of my car I had to run over to the rappel rock and relieve my manager Matt who had a disc removed from his back so he really should not have been doing that, but who listens to doctors. The one thing I totally did not even think about was that in the mountains the weather is very different than down here and so it didn't really hit me that it would be cold. Luckily at the last minute I realized this so I grabbed a beanie, gloves, and a long sleeve shirt, which together saved my life from the cold lol. It was around 40 degrees in the middle of the day and you constantly saw your breath, so standing outside running the zip line was very very cold. That didnt matter to any of the campers though as they all seemed to want to go swimming. brrr.... It was heated though but still imagine getting out ahhh!

It felt good to be back but I knew the next couple weeks would be stressful until I finally officially stayed up there. I am leaving again tomorrow and I will be back home on Saturday, and then the next time I go up I won't be back home again until August. So I hope all your summers are still going well, its good to hear from all of you! :)



This is an amphitheater I helped build last year with all the seats and such behind it. Its not complete here, but I realized I never took one of it now. I was glad to see it survived the winter and I thought I would just show you something I helped work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment