Sunday, June 7, 2009

Guatemala

Buenos tardes! I’ve been here in Guatemala for a couple days now and I love it! I had a few days to explore on my own before I could move in with the local family that I’ll be staying with for two weeks so I’ve been wandering the streets for the past few days just getting to now the city. It is so beautiful, it’s situated in a little valley surrounded by densely forested volcanoes, and it’s all cobblestones and brightly painted buildings. I’ve been staying at this lovely little hostel for just $5 a night, including breakfast which is amazing to me! I’m sharing a room with a young Israeli guy who’s been traveling South and Central America since January, and than I met this young couple who just finished they’re Teach for America programs back in The States and I loved getting to hear them talk about that, oh and than, this morning I met another older guy whose been traveling for 30 some odd years and we got to chat bit. Everyone seems so much more open to talking when they’re on vacation, so I’m really excited to see how God uses that!

I hope you all are enjoying your summers and I want to hear stories of life back in LB and how God is using our life group! Like Jenna, you should write about the south county project, I’d love to hear about that!

2 comments:

  1. YAY, i am so glad you posted something and it sounds amazing. miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so rad, I'm glad that I finally figured out how to sign up for this blog... Thank you Hannah for sharing some of your experience! I'm def looking forward to hearing more about how God uses you over the next couple of months!

    ReplyDelete